Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Belated Birthday Celebration

For my birthday my husband, Eric, surprised me with tickets to go see a Tyler Perry play in Durham, NC!! And believe you me, it was definitely a surprise! I love to go to the theater and I think Tyler Perry's character Madea is Hilarious, Eric on the other hand is not such a fan, but he wanted to do something special for my birthday (isn't he sweet).  Even though my Bday was Jan 31st the play wasn't until February 25th, which actually worked out Great because we already had plans to be out of town that weekend for a conference & my Mom had agreed to watch the boys for us!

So Saturday, Feb 25th Eric & I jumped in the car and headed for Durham, NC
Before the show we went out to eat at a DELICIOUS little hole in the wall seafood restaurant called Blu
The opportunity to sit and enjoy a meal, just the two of us, is a rare treat for Eric & I so we made the most of it!  We started with a Calamari Appetizer
 For dinner I ordered the Diver Scallops & Shrimp with asian bbq & soy butter, 
roasted shiitakes & bok choy served on top of jasmine rice
Every Bite was amazing!! I had never had Bok Choy before and was pleasantly surprised at how yummy it was :)  Eric ordered a steak that came with a red wine glaze & blue cheese butter paired with garlic mashed potatoes, his meal was also super yummy :)
When we finished our main course we ordered Coffee and shared a hot chocolate cobbler with ice cream for dessert! Truly one of the best dinning experiences of my life -- like I've mentioned the food was amazing but so was the chance to enjoy an interruption free dinner with my Husband.

After dinner and dessert we headed over to the theater, now I had never heard of this play before and unfortunately Madea wasn't a character in it, so I was kinda worried maybe it wouldn't be that funny, and well like I said Tyler Perry really isn't Eric's thing. However we were both pleasantly surprised!
The play was called: "The Haves and the Have Nots"
One character in particular, the chef, Floyd, played by Palmer Williams Jr., was HILARIOUS! 
All in all I couldn't have asked for a better birthday celebration

No comments:

Post a Comment