Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

photo challenge: Leaves

we moved from IN to VA mid September and I'm pretty sure it was the most beautiful fall I've EVER SEEN!! Yes there are trees in IN but mostly cornfields and everything is so FLAT, nothing like Danville VA.  Everywhere we would go I was mesmerized by the beautiful fall colors and the changing of the leaves. It seemed to have lasted forever, locals told me that this was a bit of an unusual fall and the leaves were keeping their bright red and orange color longer than usual. I tried many times to take pictures of the fall landscapes but none of the pictures I took could ever do it justice!

we are blessed to rent a sweet little house surround by beautiful trees, I enjoyed sitting on the front porch admiring the beauty of a Virginian Fall. Fall is by far my favorite season, I love sweatshirt & jeans with a cup of pumkin spice latte in hand, type of weather.
H O W E V E R
All that beauty came with a price! Eventually my beloved leaves turned brown & crispy and fell to the ground. It took us (mainly Eric) close to 20 hrs to rake/blow/drag ALL those leaves to the front curb! Thankfully in Danville you aren't required to bag your leaves for pickup, instead the city comes by with a giant hose and sucks them all up, all you have to do is get the leaves to the curb, which we learn is much easier said than done!! When all was said & done our curb leaf pile went from the corner of our road all the way across our yard to our neighbors fence. It was at-least 3&1/2 foot wide and was taller than my waist! It took the city 3 trips by to get them all! I also tried taking a picture of our CRAZY leaf pile but that photo definitely did NOT do the mass of leaves justice. And there is still a decent amount of leaves looming around our yard, we need to do another round of leaf clean up!

So if you ever get a chance to visit Virginia in the Fall I would highly recommend it and if anyone would like to pay for professional leaf removal service for us I would highly appreciate it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment