Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

photo challenge: Hands

"We came into the world like brother and brother; And now lets go hand in hand,
not one before another." --William Shakespeare

Today for my photo challenge of "Hands" I want to share about my boys, Beckham & Weston. 
this picture was taken on the day that Weston was born. If you can tell in the photo Beckham is trying to shake/hold Weston's hand. Beckham was super cute and introduced himself to Weston, saying "Hi, my name is Beckham, I want you to play monster trucks with me." It was P R E C I  O U S!
When Eric and I found out that our 2nd bundle of joy would be a little boy we were so excited for Beckham to have a brother. I'm pretty sure Beckham would have made an awesome big brother to a little sister just as much as he does to Weston, but when I think of Brothers I think of best friends. 
We look forward to the boys sharing a room and having bunk beds, playing sports together, running around the house playing pretend.
Sometimes being in the ministry means you have to move from time to time, I grew up in the military, so we moved every couple of years and I know first hand what its like to have to move and feel lonely until you make new friends,  but Beckham and Weston will always have each other :)
I love watching the boys interact, catching Beckham being sweet to Weston, or asking if Weston can come play in his room. Weston ADORES Beckham, no one can get Weston to laugh the way Beckham can, but Weston doesn't always let Beckham get away with taking toys from him, If its something Weston wants he will "fight" for it,  lets just say that even though Weston is the "little" brother he can definitely hold his own!

One of the main reasons I decided to talk about my boys when the challenge was "Hands" is because they love to hold hands, its super cute! Often when I set them next to each other to take their picture they will hold hands without me prompting them to. It melts my heart. 
here they are holding hands on Christmas Eve 2011 before we left for Church
I also caught them holding hands on Halloween too
"Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero" -- Marc Brown

We recently moved Weston's carseat over to the seat next to Beckham in the van so its easier for people to climb in and out of the backseat, Beckham's one complaint was "Mom I can't reach Wessy's hand"




No comments:

Post a Comment