Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Let the Challenge Begin

Welcome to day ONE of my 30 day photo Challenge! I am really excited for this challenge and a challenge it has been, I've been looking over the list of the 30 "things" I am going to try and capture through photos and I have had a hard time coming up with some ideas for some of them, others however have been a no brainer and I knew instantly what I wanted to do for that day. I have decided to do this challenge a little differently then it was intended...I will  not be using only "new" photos taken specifically for this challenge, the majority of them will be "new," however a few of the days call for photos of people or places I don't have access to at this time. Some days will have more than one photo too. With all that being said, lets get started!

Day One: Favorite Food

okay so right out the gate I had a hard time coming up with an favorite food, let alone a photo of it! lets just say I like FOOD, plural. I asked my Husband what he thought my fav. food was and his reply was "Pizza." I do love me some pizza, but I don't think its my favorite, I think a major part of the appeal of pizza to me is the connivence of not having to cook and even when we "make" the pizza at home all I have to do it preheat the oven and grab a pizza from the freezer! I do have a favorite pizza topping though, its BACON!! I love Bacon on or off of pizza :)
back to the Challenge...
After racking my brain I chose FRUIT!
I Love Fruit, but I'm also very picky about my fruit, I like fresh fruit, I am not a fan of anything canned unless its mandarin oranges & pineapple chunks. I LOVE berries, all of them! I'm kinda picky when it comes to apples, Honeycrisp are my #1 choice followed by a crispy red delicious and granny smith, if the apple isn't crispy I'm not eating it! There really isn't a fruit I'm not a fan of however  I've heard it said a time or two that a tomato is actually a fruit, not a vegetable, something about the seeds and what not, if this is true then tomatoes are my LEAST favorite fruit, in fact I hate tomatoes....I can handle pasta sauce and pizza sauce, and even salsa but tomatoes in non-sauce form, FORGET IT!

Loving fruit comes in handy, especially when you're trying to eat healthy, everyone in this house loves Fruit (especially my 3yr old Beckham, if we allowed it, he would eat fruit and only fruit all day) But Veggies, thats another story, we are not really big into eating vegetables, I have the same feeling towards veggie as I do fruit, I don't like canned veggies! We're getting better though, I am trying to prepare one vegetarian meal a week, so far so good, Eric has actually liked the dishes I've prepared and that says ALOT this man would like his steak with a side of steak, not unlike Ron Swanson from Parks & Rec. "You had me at Meat Tornado"

By no means am I the healthiest eater, actually I have this really annoying habit/weakness, almost instantly after finishing a meal I have a craving for something SWEET!! I'll spend all this time counting calories and making healthy food choices in preparing meals and then go out and have Dairy Queen for dessert! yikes!! 
But I'm really trying to work on that, if you take the time to look for it you can find some decent dessert alternatives, right now my favorite are diana's bananas banana babies
Fruit covered in chocolate!! PERFECTION!! 






1 comment:

  1. I like veggies way more than some fruit, but I am trying to broaden my horizons! I am also guilty of needing dessert everyday!

    ReplyDelete